My DNA Test Referral Links
- Support us by starting your shopping with our Amazon affiliate link. There is no extra charge to you. Thanks!
- "Genealogy How To"
- Biological Father and Family
- DNA Ancestry
- Grieving Unknown Biological Family
- HOLLAND ~ WILSON ~ CULLENDER ~ LAWRENCE ~ NORRIS
- LAKEY ~ DANNER ~ COBB
- PARKER ~ JOHNSON ~ THAYLER
- PORTER ~ BOWLES ~ MEREDITH ~ SMITH
- SCHROEDER ~ KOENNING ~ HERZ ~ STOLZENBACH
- TANNER ~ McBRIDE
- WATMOUGH ~ KENT ~ CRESS
- WILLIAMS ~ FRARY ~ WURTZ
- "Census Sunday"
- "Nova Scotia Canada"
- "Revolutionary War"
- "Sunday's Obituary"
- "Thrifty Thursday"
- "Tombstone Tuesday"
- "Wordless Wednesday"
- About Me
- Ancestor Spotlight
- Biological Parent
- Daniel BOONE
- Death Certificate
- DNA Testing
- How To
- Kankakee County Illinois
- Mary Polly BOONE
- Mountain Home Arkansas
- On This Day
- Ozark County Missouri
- Rob Roy MacGREGOR
- Squire BOONE
- Wedding Wednesday
- World War II
- Oh yes! Especially since receiving my #DNA results & finding clues about who my bio father may be! twitter.com/Ancestry/statu… 2 years ago
- RT @Ancestry: #GenealogyTip: A marriage license doesn't mean that a couple actually got married, but that they applied for permission to ge… 2 years ago
- My @Ancestry #DNA results are in, too! Searching for bio father & more info on my mom's side! diggingforancestors.wordpress.com/2018/07/29/anc… #Genealogy 2 years ago
- My 23andMe DNA Results Are In! Searching for bio father & more info on mom's side! diggingforancestors.wordpress.com/2018/07/16/my-… #DNA #23andme #Genealogy 2 years ago
- RT @TheJourney_1: Beginning My Ancestry DNA Journey diggingforancestors.wordpress.com/2018/05/31/beg… https://t.co/UQ2WuYGkGF 3 years ago
I am a 52 year old mom of a 32 year old daughter and a 19 year old son. I'm happily married and I homeschooled the whole way through. Our youngest has been diagnosed as having Asperger's and I have an Atypical form of Parkinsonism, BPPV, Pseudo Cushings, Fibromyalgia, AGHD, and more. My family means everything to me! I am a northern Nevadan Christian working from home mom who also blogs and loves some of the social media communities. I also started as a doTerra Wellness Advocate on my 50th birthday. I'm a self-proclaimed advocate for Asperger's Syndrome, all of the Autism Spectrum Disorders, and special needs in general. I am usually found blogging, pinning, tweeting, and posting about homeschooling, genealogy, Parkinsonism, being Gluten-Free, books, recipes, and anything else on our family's Christian Journey...
Author Archives: nvlynnae
Herbert Woodrow TANNER and Clara Odell HOLLAND were my paternal grandparents whom I discovered in 2018 at the age of 50. I had to take DNA tests through Ancestry and 23andMe to discover who my biological father was and these … Continue reading
Now, I have been known to have some freaky dreams in my time, but this one takes the cake! Not only is my head still spinning, but I am physically tired and now stressed about a Zoom meeting today that … Continue reading
These tasty sliders are a favorite of my son “Buddy”. Every time I have to go out for essential supplies during our Covid-19 stay-at-home period, I prepare by asking my guys if there is anything in particular they would like … Continue reading
I discovered both of these pictures recently. What treasures! Charles Oscar PORTER (April 2, 1884 – April 19, 1946) and Mary Irene Saphronia Jasmine SMITH (July 4, 1890 – June 25, 1947) were the parents of Ruby Irene PORTER (March … Continue reading
Well, it’s that time again. I always get a bit excited when I hear there is a new update to any of the DNA companies’ estimations. No, DNA does not change, but their comparison algorithms do. They are supposed to … Continue reading
Ever since I began my hobby of genealogy back in 1987 when I was pregnant with my daughter, I have wondered about my maternal grandpa’s mom. Why did she die so young and what was she like? My grandma (wife … Continue reading
It has finally happened! I’ve been actively doing genealogy since 1987 when I was pregnant with my oldest. Pretty much since day one, there has been a brick wall that has refused to be broken down. The wall is just … Continue reading
Honestly, I have never really had any “formal” genealogy research plans before. I might have had a specific person or family that I was hooked on at the time and my “plan” was to find out anything and everything I … Continue reading
I sure have a lot to be thankful for! I come from a wonderful family and have recently increased that greatly because of DNA testing and discovering who my biological father was a few months ago. I have several branches … Continue reading
Here is my official Five Generation Birthplace Chart that now includes my biological father and his ancestors. My previous post with these and how you can make your own can be found here.