My DNA Test Referral Links
- Support us by starting your shopping with our Amazon affiliate link. There is no extra charge to you. Thanks!
- "Genealogy How To"
- Biological Father and Family
- DNA Ancestry
- Grieving Unknown Biological Family
- HOLLAND ~ WILSON ~ CULLENDER ~ LAWRENCE ~ NORRIS
- LAKEY ~ DANNER ~ COBB
- PARKER ~ JOHNSON ~ THAYLER
- PORTER ~ BOWLES ~ MEREDITH ~ SMITH
- SCHROEDER ~ KOENNING ~ HERZ ~ STOLZENBACH
- TANNER ~ McBRIDE
- WATMOUGH ~ KENT ~ CRESS
- WILLIAMS ~ FRARY ~ WURTZ
- "Census Sunday"
- "Nova Scotia Canada"
- "Revolutionary War"
- "Sunday's Obituary"
- "Thrifty Thursday"
- "Tombstone Tuesday"
- "Wordless Wednesday"
- About Me
- Ancestor Spotlight
- Biological Parent
- Daniel BOONE
- Death Certificate
- DNA Testing
- How To
- Kankakee County Illinois
- Mary Polly BOONE
- Mountain Home Arkansas
- On This Day
- Ozark County Missouri
- Rob Roy MacGREGOR
- Squire BOONE
- Wedding Wednesday
- World War II
- Oh yes! Especially since receiving my #DNA results & finding clues about who my bio father may be! twitter.com/Ancestry/statu… 2 years ago
- RT @Ancestry: #GenealogyTip: A marriage license doesn't mean that a couple actually got married, but that they applied for permission to ge… 2 years ago
- My @Ancestry #DNA results are in, too! Searching for bio father & more info on my mom's side! diggingforancestors.wordpress.com/2018/07/29/anc… #Genealogy 2 years ago
- My 23andMe DNA Results Are In! Searching for bio father & more info on mom's side! diggingforancestors.wordpress.com/2018/07/16/my-… #DNA #23andme #Genealogy 2 years ago
- RT @TheJourney_1: Beginning My Ancestry DNA Journey diggingforancestors.wordpress.com/2018/05/31/beg… https://t.co/UQ2WuYGkGF 3 years ago
I am a 52 year old mom of a 32 year old daughter and a 19 year old son. I'm happily married and I homeschooled the whole way through. Our youngest has been diagnosed as having Asperger's and I have an Atypical form of Parkinsonism, BPPV, Pseudo Cushings, Fibromyalgia, AGHD, and more. My family means everything to me! I am a northern Nevadan Christian working from home mom who also blogs and loves some of the social media communities. I also started as a doTerra Wellness Advocate on my 50th birthday. I'm a self-proclaimed advocate for Asperger's Syndrome, all of the Autism Spectrum Disorders, and special needs in general. I am usually found blogging, pinning, tweeting, and posting about homeschooling, genealogy, Parkinsonism, being Gluten-Free, books, recipes, and anything else on our family's Christian Journey...
Monthly Archives: May 2016
Cortes Eugene SMITH, my second great-grandfather, was born about 1863 in Missouri to John A. SMITH (born about 1820) and Irene (born about 1826). Cortes died on August 8, 1914 in Missouri. Sarah Elizabeth Jasmine CARTER MEREDITH, my second great-grandmother, … Continue reading
My second great-grandfather, Nathaniel WILLIAMS, was born in September of 1862 in Scott City, Bourbon County, Kansas, to Jacob WILLIAMS (born about 1830) and Sarah E. (March 8, 1845 – July 4, 1929). Nathaniel married Lillie Mae “Mamie” STANLEY in … Continue reading
My husband’s second great-grandfather on his father’s side, David THALER, was born on March 10, 1840, in Bayern, Germany to Johannis THALER and Maria Eva WEIGEL. David died August 1918 in San Luis Obispo, California, USA. I forget the exact … Continue reading
These birthplace charts are all the rage on genealogy blogs and Facebook right now. I created one for my lineage (with my father’s line being my adoptive father’s ancestors) and another one for my husband’s lineage. They are quite interesting, … Continue reading
I was totally surprised when I came across this death certificate for my maternal great-grandfather the other day in a new database I found. I always assumed or maybe even believed that Charles Oscar PORTER died from a heart attack … Continue reading
Free Genealogy Databases Ellis Island 1892-1924 ~ This requires you to create a free account. Once you have one, hover over the Ellis Island tab and then click on Passenger Search. Pilgrim Ship Lists Early 1600’s ~ Over 7100 families … Continue reading
William WATMOUGH (1875 – 1933) was the father of Harold Davison WATMOUGH (September 30, 1901 – August 9, 1970), who was the father of Bernice Ann WATMOUGH PARKER (March 27, 1929 – March 21, 2012), who was my mother-in-love. ♥ … Continue reading
The focus today is on my grandma, Ruby Irene PORTER WILLIAMS in celebration of Mother’s Day. She was one of my three moms. She stepped in as my mother-figure when my mom passed away suddenly when I was 19 years … Continue reading
My great-grandfather on my mother’s father’s side of the family, Arthur Jacob WILLIAMS Sr., was born in October 13, 1889, in Kansas to Nathaniel WILLIAMS (1862-1908) and Lillie Mae “Mamie” STANLEY WILLIAMS (1868-1935). Arthur died December 16, 1965, in Kansas City, … Continue reading
Moses Franklin and Mary Ann “Polly” ROSENBERGER PORTER and their children. Edward T. Porter wrote, “The family in Oxford, Kansas ca. 1895. Note the flowers! I saw this house when I went there. It was then a pig farm, and … Continue reading