My DNA Test Referral Links
- Support us by starting your shopping with our Amazon affiliate link. There is no extra charge to you. Thanks!
- "Genealogy How To"
- Biological Father and Family
- DNA Ancestry
- Grieving Unknown Biological Family
- HOLLAND ~ WILSON ~ CULLENDER ~ LAWRENCE ~ NORRIS
- LAKEY ~ DANNER ~ COBB
- PARKER ~ JOHNSON ~ THAYLER
- PORTER ~ BOWLES ~ MEREDITH ~ SMITH
- SCHROEDER ~ KOENNING ~ HERZ ~ STOLZENBACH
- TANNER ~ McBRIDE
- WATMOUGH ~ KENT ~ CRESS
- WILLIAMS ~ FRARY ~ WURTZ
- "Census Sunday"
- "Nova Scotia Canada"
- "Revolutionary War"
- "Sunday's Obituary"
- "Thrifty Thursday"
- "Tombstone Tuesday"
- "Wordless Wednesday"
- About Me
- Ancestor Spotlight
- Biological Parent
- Daniel BOONE
- Death Certificate
- DNA Testing
- How To
- Kankakee County Illinois
- Mary Polly BOONE
- Mountain Home Arkansas
- On This Day
- Ozark County Missouri
- Rob Roy MacGREGOR
- Squire BOONE
- Wedding Wednesday
- World War II
- Oh yes! Especially since receiving my #DNA results & finding clues about who my bio father may be! twitter.com/Ancestry/statu… 2 years ago
- RT @Ancestry: #GenealogyTip: A marriage license doesn't mean that a couple actually got married, but that they applied for permission to ge… 2 years ago
- My @Ancestry #DNA results are in, too! Searching for bio father & more info on my mom's side! diggingforancestors.wordpress.com/2018/07/29/anc… #Genealogy 2 years ago
- My 23andMe DNA Results Are In! Searching for bio father & more info on mom's side! diggingforancestors.wordpress.com/2018/07/16/my-… #DNA #23andme #Genealogy 2 years ago
- RT @TheJourney_1: Beginning My Ancestry DNA Journey diggingforancestors.wordpress.com/2018/05/31/beg… https://t.co/UQ2WuYGkGF 3 years ago
I am a 52 year old mom of a 32 year old daughter and a 19 year old son. I'm happily married and I homeschooled the whole way through. Our youngest has been diagnosed as having Asperger's and I have an Atypical form of Parkinsonism, BPPV, Pseudo Cushings, Fibromyalgia, AGHD, and more. My family means everything to me! I am a northern Nevadan Christian working from home mom who also blogs and loves some of the social media communities. I also started as a doTerra Wellness Advocate on my 50th birthday. I'm a self-proclaimed advocate for Asperger's Syndrome, all of the Autism Spectrum Disorders, and special needs in general. I am usually found blogging, pinning, tweeting, and posting about homeschooling, genealogy, Parkinsonism, being Gluten-Free, books, recipes, and anything else on our family's Christian Journey...
Monthly Archives: April 2013
My third great-grandfather on my adoptive father’s side, Samuel DANNER, was born about 1840 in Surry, Yadkin County, North Carolina to Adam DANNER (1793-1860) and Susannah G. Liggon (1803-1860). He died sometime before 1910. My third great-grandmother on my adoptive … Continue reading
Charles Oscar PORTER was my great-grandfather on my maternal grandma’s side. He was born April 2, 1884 in Oxford, Kansas. When I began studying this record, I was surprised when I saw that he did not register for the draft … Continue reading
Several records I have found show my great-grandfather on my adoptive father’s side’s name as William Simon LAKEY, but his tombstone and a few others say Simon W (William) LAKEY. Either way, it appears he most likely went by “Simon” … Continue reading
My hubby’s second great-grandfather, Thomas WATMOUGH, was born about 1838 in Bradford, Yorkshire, England to Joseph WATMOUGH (1796-1869) and Sarah (b. 1799). He died in December 1909 in West Riding, Yorkshire, England. My hubby’s second great-grandmother, Emma KEITHLEY, was born … Continue reading
“Moses Porter was born in Kentucky, Jan 20, 1826, died at his home near Oxford, Kan., Dec. 26, 1900, aged 74 years 11 months and six days. He with his parents moved to Illinois when he was 1 year old, … Continue reading
No matter what I do, it seems that I cannot get beyond the brick wall that is placed just beyond the father and son pair both named Sherman FRARY found in my maternal grandfather’s ancestry. I am not sure if … Continue reading
“To any Person Legally Authorized to Solemnize Marriage, Greeting: Marriage may be celebrated between Mr. Carl Herz of Chicago in the County of Cook and State of Illinois of the age of 36 years, and Miss Bertha Schwichtenberg of Chicago … Continue reading
My fifth great-grandmother, Amelia “Anna” HIGHTOWER, was born June 10, 1765 in Orange County, North Carolina to Austin HIGHTOWER (1698-1784) and Martha CLACK (1744-1793). Martha was Austin’s third wife and much younger than him. “Anna” married Jonah SCOGGINS (1763-1845) on … Continue reading
My second great-grandfather, Sherman FRARY, was born August 29, 1852 in Illinois to Sherman FRARY (1824-1867) and Charlotte Marinda SCOGGINS (b. 1826). He died February 21, 1915 in Fort Scott, Kansas. My second great-grandmother, Alice M, was born in October … Continue reading